Epiphany Church is a multi-ethnic church plant in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, NY. We are a local church learning what it means to follow Jesus in a complex city. We see ourselves in a growing relationship with Jesus and one another, a relationship that ignites us to be agents of change in our city. Similar to the early disciples, we are made up of different ethnicities, socioeconomic make up, young families, singles, professionals, Brooklyn natives, and artists which makes us quite the motley crew to serve Jesus.
With a population of 2.6 million people in more than 80 distinct neighborhoods, the need for churches is great. Although Brooklyn is known as the “Borough of Churches,” taking the 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and placing them in the existing churches would result in each church operating at a membership of ~3,500 people. We desperately need more churches that are serious about seeing the city transformed by the gospel message.
CHRIST-CENTEREDNESS (COL 1:16)
- We are convicted that Jesus must be the center of everything in our lives.
- We are convicted that His life, death, burial, and resurrection would form and inform every sector of who we are (Rom 8:29)
COMMITMENT (ACTS 2:42)
- We are convicted that the truth of the bible shapes what we believe and how we live for Jesus Christ
- We are convicted that the local church is God’s means to help shape and encourage our lives for Jesus Christ
- We commit ourselves to being vitally connected to God’s people in the local church as a community of mutual discipleship.
COMMUNITY (ACTS 2:44)
- Epiphany Church will seek to build a healthy environment in which believers may fellowship with other believers with Christ at the center (1 John 1).
- Epiphany Church/Fellowship will seek to be a ministry that lives out the sacrificial aspect of Christ as seen in Scripture. We desire that all members of Epiphany Fellowship never go through life with unmet needs.
CONVERSIONS (ACTS 2:47)
- We proclaim the gospel
- We follow up new converts
- We disciple them from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity
CULTURALLY RELEVANT MINISTRY (1 CHRON 12:32)
- Although the church is always relevant, our methods and communication must adapt to where we live and dwell. Because we serve in an ever-changing and ever-evolving neighborhood, our outreach for Christ must make sense to the people we serve.
Brandon Watts was on the move quite a bit through his youth – with a father in the military, Brandon and his family changed residences various times before finally…
Gabe is an East Coaster, communications specialist, food enthusiast, wearer of many hats kind of guy…
One of the ways the Lord has provided for our church is through partnerships. We’d like to thank the many gracious churches that fall under the incredibly supportive networks of Orchard Group, Acts 29, and NAMB as well as our sending church Epiphany Fellowship and all of our other partners and donors for their continued support of our church plant.